They’re on a mission to bring joy and love to children throughout the world. How do they do it?
Through Shoes for Orphan Souls and you!
It’s hard for most of us to imagine how a new pair of shoes can make such an impact. But for children living in desperate circumstances, this simple act of kindness is life changing. When caring strangers visit an orphanage to deliver new shoes and socks, it can brighten the darkest day. For the first time, children aren’t just hearing about God’s love – they’re seeing it in action. And that can change souls for eternity.
Buy a new pair of shoes for a child.
• Sneakers and athletic shoes are best.
• Place a special photo or note inside the shoes for the child who receives them.
Organize a shoe drive.
• Shoe drives are fun and easy for churches, businesses, neighborhood groups and clubs. We provide everything you need: posters, packing guides, a Shoes for Orphan Souls DVD, bulletin inserts, flyers, sample press releases and more!
• You can organize a virtual shoe drive by collecting at least 12 pairs of shoes online. Or host your own personal shoe drive with friends and family.
• Let children celebrate the importance of giving. Instead of gifts, collect shoes at your next celebration.
Go with us on a Shoes for Orphan Souls mission trip.
• Trips are planned throughout the year to countries around the world – including right here in the United States!
• Learn more about mission trips at www.ItsYourMission.com www.ShoesforOrphanSouls.org.
Volunteer at the Buckner Center for Humanitarian Aid.
• Help sort and prepare shoes for international shipment.
• Fun and easy work for groups, children, families, sport teams, individuals and
more! No advance training necessary. Perfect for big groups!
Do something more.
• Pray for us and the children who will be touched by a new pair of shoes.
• Give financially to help get the shoes where they need to go.
Eduardo’s* shoes were old. And small. The 10-year-old boy walked the muddy mountain roads of Chiquimula, Guatemala to school each day wearing shoes so tight, the pressure of his toes spouted a hole. His dirty toes poked out, and the sole of his shoe dragged the ground.
Rock slides, slippery roads and falling debris prevent many children from attending school in this region. But the consequences of staying at home are dire: without an education, there is little hope for breaking the cycle of poverty.
But hope came to Eduardo in a new pair of shoes.
A team of volunteers delivered shoes to Eduardo and his classmates during a Shoes for Orphan Souls trip. As a volunteer placed clean socks on the boy's feet and laced up a new pair of athletic shoes in the correct size, Eduardo's
face shined. “I am so happy,” he said.
*Name changed to protect confidentiality
For the last 10 years, Shoes for Orphan Souls has provided hope for more than 1.8 million children around the world through a new pair of shoes. And it has only been possible through the generous support of friends like you.
Shoes for Orphan Souls is the largest humanitarian aid project of Buckner International, a global Christian organization that seeks to make life better for orphans, at-risk children and families. Buckner provides an array of services to meet the needs of children and families, including humanitarian aid support, volunteer mission opportunities, community enrichment programs, foster care and adoption services, and support programs for children living in other countries.
To learn more and to get involved, visit us at www.ShoesforOrphanSouls.org
or call 1-866-774-SHOE.
E-mail us at ShoesforOrphanSouls@buckner.org.